Monday, January 15, 2007

Global Warming Projects

The winter weather has not been cooperating. Crocuses are coming up. Cherry blossoms are blooming at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. But no--global warming doesn't exist. In the meantime, I purchased this old table for 25 dollars.


I needed it to hold plants and seedlings on the balcony in the spring. First I cleaned and sanded it. Then I primed and painted. It's in my bedroom now holding books. I'm getting really used to seeing it there so I'm looking for another one. I'm a sucker for quirky tables.



Come spring, I'll fit molding around the edges and give it a light poly to protect it from the elements.
Smith and Hawkins, eat your heart out.

2 Comments:

Blogger kookaburra said...

Cute, very cute, of course! I also think a bird's nest painting might look nice on that white table. Just a thought.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Katiejane said...

Where did you go, Chathamgirl? I just found your blog via "auk wrecks" and was really enjoying what I was reading. Then I realized that you haven't posted since LAST YEAR!! Come back, please.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home