Thursday, October 05, 2006

I don't know about you but art and gardening makes this New York life worth living. Which is why the Chihuly exhibit at the New York Botanical Gardens was a heart pounding experience for me. I just got back from "Chihuly Nights" were I saw all the glass sculptures perfectly lit under a full moon sky.
I was upset when I realized I didn't bring my digital camera with me and then I got over it. Haven't mastered it yet besides there was no way I could have captured the colors of the towering yellow and blue glass sculpture against the night sky or the leaf shadow of a giant banana tree behind a chandelier of golden tubular glass or large round multi-colored orbs floating in glassy water near cream colored waterlilies bursting from their pods. And all of it lit to perfection.
What was amazing is that there was no competition between the flora and the art. They were equally beautiful. The plants enveloped the Chihuly glass as if it were another plant nestled among them. While at the same time, the colorful sculptures illuminated nature's artistic hand in the shape and color of each leaf and flower in bloom.

It's going on until October 29th. It good for the soul. Don't miss it.
Check out the Chihuly photos at nybg.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home