Wednesday, September 20, 2006



Of all the house plants out there, this is my favorite. Oaxlis is by far, the most interesting I've come across. Beautiful all year round, even in winter. It loves bright light to shade and no direct sun. Best of all, it has the sweetest trumpet shaped pink to lavender flowers from spring to summer.
This one I've had for three years now. I got the original plant at Mohonk Mountain House in New Paltz, New York. This past spring, I replanted it in a small antique wood box I found upstate. Gorgeous!

1 Comments:

Blogger kookaburra said...

This is my favorite houseplant, too! I got mine a few years ago at the farmers market in Union Square, & it did just OK in my north-facing apartment for one summer. Then I took it to my parents' house & put it in a sunny spot, & WOW! It's outrageous. It's a very rewarding friend who blooms nearly constantly in the right conditions.
--MB

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home